Currently attached with SLB

Saturday, December 12, 2009

During this time of the year, the just completed second year student of my school will have to undergo a "practical training".(except for geek and baldy).Training. One month? Wth. So short. Anyhow, i decided to do mine at a firm. In a not so ordinary firm. Yeah. The firm: not your typical firm: a big huge one: top 3 in msia: the bomb:

SHOOK LIN & BOK aka SLB!#
# For all of you who don't know what SLB is click the link above and be amazed.

To be frank, i'm kinda surprised to get offered a place in SLB. I'm sure it was not based on looks coz i did'nt attach a passport-sized photo of myself. Maybe i'm destined to be with slb. Only god knows.

I love the firm so much. Mainly because of the people there. Really nice people. And also because of the dedicated tea lady! (She'll drop by twice daily)

So why did i choose SLB in the first place? SLB has a powerful shipping department! That's why! *Lighting strikes!*

I'm not alone there. Giraffe is there too (I submitted his resume. haha) And also a few bunch of uitm munchkins.

SO here is my routine everyday:

6.45am Chickens wake me up. I get up. Shower and get dressed.
7.25am My mum send me to Kl Sentral monorail.
7.40am Take the train to Raja Chulan. (This stage is quite crucial. If I arrive in Kl Sentral after 8.10am, I'll be late for work)
8.10am Reach Raja Chulan. Walk to Menara Ambank (where SLB is situated) Get a bun at The Weld.
8.15am Get a temperature check at the lobby( HINI alert!) and take the lift to level 19.
8.20am Arrive at work early(I'm punctual! I'm one of the early birds) Get another temperature check from our receptionist at level 20.
8.30am Lepak in Chambers(this is our workstation) Start working. I work on usually research for all the lawyers. My favourite work is definitely from Mr Nagarajah. The shipping god. When lucky, i'll go to courts.
12.45pm Lunch at The Weld (muak dah).
2.00pm Get back to the Chambers. Work. Sometimes, take short nap: recharge. Socialize with lawyers.
5.30pm It's time to go home! Walk with giraffe to klcc. Why? Ok. Here's the thing. KL is so overpopulated now. This is our way to avoid the crowd. Go to kino!
7.00pm Hop on lrt from Klcc(duhh). Say bye-bye to giraffe at Kl Sentral. Stop at Taman Paramount. My mum fetch me.
7.30pm Dinner and get home.
8.00pm Shower. Attachment in a place so far is sweaty! Facebook.
9.00pm Call friends. Lepak if not tired.
11.00pm If no one's interested, switch off the lights. Sleep.

Saturday & Sunday: OFF. * Hangs 'Do not disturb' sign on the door knob* Eldest son is kitchen helper, toilet cleaner, driver, socialite, rubbish thrower, baby sitter, errand runner, expectations carrier. Pffft.

Everyone is busy. And geek once told me that: "This whole practical thing is a preview of our working life." I looked at giraffe, he looked back at me and we started laughing. We're stuck. HAHA


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP